Thursday, January 14, 2016

Cyber Bullying

 I was cyber bullied by several people a few years back and it has had a negative effect on me even up to today, it is the reason I stopped blogging publicly on my craft blog here at Nannybird Crafts.
             
 I found these definitions of cyber bullying I thought I'd share them. My experience with cyber bullying was anonymous comments by cowardly people who couldn't put their names to their own thoughts and hateful slurs. When I blocked them from being able to leave comments on my blog, they turned nastier and started sending even more hateful comments to me directly to my email using a fake email account they created using my last name and thinking they were "clever" with insults and came up with "Gene Lowes" as the false name they used for the fake account. Tell me that wasn't intentional. =================================================
Again, these are not my words and I do not have the authors name of this to be able to give the proper credit.
================================================= Many don't understand the forms in which cyber bullying come, so I'll recap in the hope of raising awareness
FLAMING: Online fights usually through emails, instant messaging or chat rooms where angry and rude comments are exchanged.
DENIGRATION: Putting mean online messages through email, instant messaging, chat rooms, or websites set up to make fun of someone.
EXCLUSION: Intentionally leaving someone out of a group such as instant messaging, friend sites, or other online group activities.
OUTING: Sharing secrets about someone online including private information, pictures, and videos.
TRICKERY: Tricking someone into revealing personal information then sharing it with others.
IMPERSONATION: Pretending to be someone else when sending or posting mean or false messages online.
HARASSMENT: Repeatedly sending malicious messages to someone online.
CYBERSTALKING: Continuously harassing and denigration including threats of physical harm